The major strength of Androscoggin Valley Hospital (AVH) is found in its wide network of specialists who provide care throughout Coos and portions of Carroll County, NH. With wide-ranging specialties including, but not limited to, Audiology, Urology, Ear, Nose, Throat/Allergy, OB/GYN, Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine, and General Surgery, a number of our providers travel to multiple North Country locations, providing a seamless and convenient patient experience. A 25-bed critical access hospital, AVH also offers state of the art Imaging technology: Mammography, CT Scan, Ultrasound, and MRI all received Gold Seal Accreditation by the American College of Radiology. AVH proudly offers a full complement of Physical Therapy services (Inpatient, Outpatient, and off-site) as well as Occupational Therapy (Inpatient and Outpatient.) The close relationship that AVH enjoys with Coos County Family Health Services yields multiple off-site Laboratory locations within their primary care clinics. Named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital by iVantage numerous times, the providers, nurses, staff, and volunteers work tirelessly to personify the Hospital’s Mission to Deliver the Best Healthcare Experience to Every Patient, Every Day.
About North Country Healthcare (NCH):
North Country Healthcare is a non-profit affiliation of four medical facilities, Androscoggin Valley Hospital, North Country Home Health & Hospice Agency, Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital, and Weeks Medical Center, located in the White Mountains Region of New Hampshire. NCH includes numerous physicians and medical providers at multiple locations. This leading comprehensive healthcare network which employs hundreds of highly-trained individuals delivers integrated patient care through three community hospitals, specialty clinics, and home health and hospice services. NCH remains committed to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
North Country Healthcare is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources department at the affiliate to which you are applying.
Assists the coordinator of Scheduling and Precertification with, registration of patients and providing pertinent prep instructions to patients prior to the scheduled services. Utilization of, and documentation in, the Meditech electronic system throughout the process is required.
Essential Qualifications: High school graduate. Licensure/Certification: None required Skills/ Work Experience: Customer service, computer entry. Keyboard skills and familiarity with computer applications to business setting are required. Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multitasking skills are required. Good comprehension and spelling skills are required. Prior experience in medical facility, reception or billing/insurance is preferred. Congenial, pleasant, friendly, helpful disposition is required, as this position involves continuous contact with the public, providers, other Hospital staff and insurance companies. Knowledge of medical terminology is preferable. Ability to interact with providers and other healthcare practitioners in a helpful, courteous manner is required. Ability to work in a team-oriented environment is required. Familiarity with computer applications required. Must have technical aptitude and a willingness to learn software applications used at AVH.
- Schedules therapy evaluations and treatments for outpatients and inpatients.
- Monitors and utilizes Meditech Scheduling and ITS work lists to identify electronic orders for outpatient services.
- Utilizes PCS Status Board to identify inpatient and observation orders.
- Maintains familiarity with all Meditech applications required to perform duties.
- Applications include, but are not limited to, Community Wide Scheduling, Authorization and Referral Management, Scanning and Archiving, Billing/Accounts Receivable, etc.
- Provides pre-appointment instructions to ensure patients are prepared for therapy.
- ls familiar with therapy and can provide time estimates and brief overviews of what to expect during therapy evaluations and treatments.
- As assigned, makes appointment reminder calls to patients requesting it. Registers Rehab patients.
- Enters all required data into the appropriate Meditech modules, verifies demographic and insurance information, and revises it as necessary.
- Completes Medicare questionnaires and notifies Coordinator of Scheduling and Precertification of possible liabilities.
- Refers possible payment issues to the Coordinator of Scheduling and P recertification.
- Proactively utilizes slow periods in a creative and business-minded manner, performing tasks such as organizing, sorting, reviewing own work for accuracy, helping a coworker, cross-training, etc.
- Works as a cohesive member of the Rehab Teams at AVH and the Gorham clinic.
- Maintains familiarity with the operation of all business office equipment necessary to perform duties.
- Collects and/or sends faxes.
- Picks up and delivers mail.
- Collects co-pays and appropriate payment at the time of service.
- Demonstrates technical aptitude.
- ls familiar with computer applications.
- ls willing to learn software applications.
- Checks the stock of supplies for the proper functioning of the Rehab Department.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly manner.
- Fills linens in treatment rooms, makes beds, and removes dirty linen from treatment rooms at the end of the day.
- Files charts and paperwork.
- Prepares tracking sheets for the next day.
- Prints objective measurement tools (i.e., ODS and LEFS) from Access Passport and hands them out to patients.
- Participates in the upkeep of the Department and performs routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment including splint pan, fluid therapy unit, staff refrigerator and microwave, patient refrigerator and freezer.
- Records temperatures on splint pan and routinely monitors water volume.
- Checks eyewash station.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Rehab Managers.