CRNA - WMC
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
We have a Full-Time Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist opportunity at Weeks Medical Center. This is an opportunity for excellent work-life balance, competitive compensation including a base salary, pager rate, and callback pay, and benefits package. Commencement & Relocation.
Join two CRNAs and one physician in a position that offers excellent work-life balance with 17 weeks off per year. Practice all aspects of anesthesia independently. Our CRNAs provide general anesthesia, regional anesthesia, and sedation in our 2 operating rooms and a procedure room . We provide airway management services to our emergency department, and our intensive care unit. We offer acute pain services including ultrasound guided peripheral nerve blocks and post-operative epidural management for our surgical patients. Anesthesia provides services for various specialties which include Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Podiatry, and Urology.
A typical day at Weeks Medical Center begins with a 0800 first start case , with elective cases ending by 1530. Assignments are made daily by the Medical Director. Once cases have been completed, our CRNAs may take call from home.
All CRNAs are categorized as Medical Staff. As such they have voting rights and are encouraged to be active members of our Medical staff on various committees.
- 2 weeks on, 1 week off model with full-time benefits
- 87 weekday calls per year (0-1 callbacks per week) and 35 weekend calls per year (1 callback per month)
- 2017 GE Carestations , Omnicells, Glidescope in each OR, Micromaxx Ultrasound
- Documentation iProcedures AIMS, which is an iPad-based charting program.
- 2 OR running daily with one endo room
- 2-7 patients per day scheduled 8a-3:30p
- GenSurg, Endo, Ortho, Podiatry, and Urology.
- No OB, very minimal peds
- Competitive compensation
- CME funds
- Relocation, sign on, and 6-month housing assistance
- Must be licensed by NH Board of Nursing as CRNA. Successful completion of nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetist (AANA), the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (CANAEP) or its predecessor or successor agency.
- Must possess certification as a CRNA by the Council on Certification of Nurse Anesthetists (CCNA) or re-certification by the Council or its predecessor or successor agency.
- Must possess valid narcotics registration (DEA number).
- ACLS and PALS certification required.
The major strength of Weeks Medical Center is found in the ability of our physicians and staff to offer extensive services utilizing state-of-the-art technology while maintaining personalized care of a community hospital. Weeks is a 25-bed critical access hospital offering medical, surgical, and intensive care services. In addition, a wide variety of outpatient services are available, including cardiac and physical rehabilitation; a fully-staffed oncology department; 24-hour emergency care; a fully equipped laboratory; and an extensive radiology department. Weeks is blessed with strong leadership and a dedicated community that allows us to meet the ever-changing requirements of today’s healthcare environment.
About North Country Healthcare (NHC):
North Country Healthcare is a non-profit affiliation of four medical facilities in the White Mountains Region of New Hampshire. NCH includes numerous physicians and medical providers at multiple locations. This leading comprehensive healthcare network which employs hundreds of highly-trained individuals delivers integrated patient care through three community hospitals, specialty clinics, and home health and hospice services. NCH remains committed to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
Member organizations include Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, Weeks Medical Center in Lancaster, and North Country Home Health and Hospice Agency in Littleton. NCH is proud to be the largest employer in the North Country.