Hospital President & CEO - UCVH
The President & CEO of Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital, is the face of the hospital organization, responsible for overall leadership and strategic planning in concert with and support of the NCH system’s Mission, Vision and Values. Selected by the relevant board(s) of directors and the system CEO, the President & CEO has the responsibility to carry out the mission and is responsible for the overall management and operation of all aspects of the hospital. The President & CEO focuses on long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies routinely exercising discretion and independent judgment in the performance of job duties. The President & CEO is accountable for the overall programmatic and fiscal integrity of the organization.
Responsible for providing overall direction and guidance to the operational activities of the organization with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability as well as day-to-day leadership and management to all hospital functions. Given that NCH is an integrated health system, the goal is to not only manage the operations of the hospital, but also to participate and work collaboratively in optimizing operations across all affiliates and communities.
Colebrook is located inside the Great North Wood Region of New Hampshire where the outdoor enthusiast can enjoy the plentiful options of all that nature has to offer. The peacefulness of the landscape and the comfortableness of the community will allow you to enjoy a lifestyle of work and recreation unlike no other.
- An advanced graduate degree (MBA, MHA, MSN, MD, DO or equivalent) is required . Consideration may be given to candidates who are actively enrolled in a graduate program. FACHE preferred.
- Should have senior leadership experience with a proven track record of success of at least 7-10 years, ideally some of which is in a complex, multi-faceted, integrated healthcare delivery system. Experience in a rural setting and/or CAH preferred.
- Must have demonstrated success in developing trusting provider relationships, engaging provider leaders in future plans and collaborating on clinical quality, service and program growth; must have worked with a sophisticated medical staff and be creative in establishing collaborative partnerships with providers.
- Must be able to demonstrates the ability to leverage financial and operational knowledge to lead, manage and promote the financial stability of the organization by reducing costs and growing revenue.
- Must have extensive experience in developing and implementing effective operational, clinical quality and financial systems and controls as well as demonstrated excellence with strategic planning.
- Must have demonstrated success in developing trusting provider relationships, engaging provider leaders in future plans and collaborating on clinical quality, service and program growth; must have worked with a sophisticated medical staff and be creative in establishing collaborative partnerships with providers
- Has a demonstrated history of engaged and productive Board relationships and understands governance committee structures.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the hospital remains up to date on all federal, state and local laws, CMS standards or regulatory agency requirements and ensure compliance with all such laws and regulations.
- Must be able to adapt to frequently changing work priorities and be able to prioritize and balance the requirements of working with and throughout various functions and entities in the organization to achieve operational success.
- Must be able to travel to various NCH locations as needed.
Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital (UCVH), an affiliate of North Country Healthcare, is a 16-bed critical access hospital serving 20 communities and 8,500 people in its service area which includes communities in New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine. UCVH provides over 4,000 emergency department visits, 325 outpatient surgeries, 300 inpatient admissions, 7,000 imaging studies, and 140,000 laboratory tests annually. UCVH offers a broad array of services including a 24/7 fully staffed emergency department, outpatient surgical care, cardiac rehabilitation, inpatient care, ambulatory care, x-ray, MRI, CT scans, mammography, outpatient rehabilitation, laboratory services, and more.
About North Country Healthcare (NHC):
North Country Healthcare is a non-profit affiliation of four medical facilities, Androscoggin Valley Hospital, North Country Home Health & Hospice Agency, Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital, and Weeks Medical Center, located in the White Mountains Region of New Hampshire. NCH includes numerous physicians and medical providers at multiple locations. This leading comprehensive healthcare network which employs hundreds of highly-trained individuals delivers integrated patient care through three community hospitals, specialty clinics, and home health and hospice services. NCH remains committed to the health and well-being of the communities we serve.
North Country Healthcare is an equal-opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources department at the affiliate to which you are applying.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: adea84cb-8a55-4e30-81f5-ca8a826ddcc5