RN - Hospice and Palliative Care
$15,000 Commencement Option!
As a Hospice and Palliative Care RN at NCHHHA, you will have the opportunity to create a tailored plan of care for both Palliative and Hospice patients. Our Hospice and Palliative Care RNs plan, organize, and direct hospice care utilizing the nursing process of assessment planning, interventions, implementation, and evaluation. You will interact with patients, caregivers, and families in a compassionate and understanding manner. Our RNs have a large skill set, which grows immensely in the home care setting. You will be an integral part of a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team. You will maintain a high level of autonomy and work to the top of your license. Our RNs enjoy a flexible workday, with an option to start and end your day from home. Strong clinical support and educational resources provided as well as support in obtaining certifications in your area of expertise.
- License or Certification: current active NH Nursing License
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- At least 1 year of med-surg experience required.
- Home Care/Hospice and Palliative Care experience preferred
- Must be self-directed and able to work without direct supervision
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volume and work schedule, required
- Ability to function in any home situation regardless of age, race, creed, color, sex, disability, or financial condition of the patient.
- Must possess the disposition and personality to work harmoniously with a wide variety of people and all levels of staff and interact professionally as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Speak, write, read and comprehend English.
- Computer proficiency in electronic medical records data entry.
- Maintains valid driver’s license and certificate of auto insurance coverage.
- Current BLS Certification required.
North Country Home Health & Hospice Agency (NCHHHA), based in Littleton, NH, serves residents of Coos and Grafton Counties. Compassionate, patient-focused services include Home Care, Palliative Care, and Hospice Care. Home care offerings include, but may not be limited to, skilled observation and assessment, nursing care management, disease management, surgical aftercare, wound care, injections and IV therapy, maternal and baby health, pediatric care, rehabilitative services, and therapeutic assessment and rehabilitation planning specific to the home. Palliative care services include in-home consultation with a provider and/or Medical Social Worker, advanced care planning, symptom management recommendations, social and spiritual support, and bereavement and grief support. Hospice care includes a certified hospice nursing assessment, 24/7 clinical support, in-home provider visits for pain and symptom management, medical supplies, equipment and hospice medications, volunteer support and companionship, social and spiritual support, and bereavement and grief support. A proud partner of North Country Healthcare (NCH), NCHHHA is a Medicare-certified, non-profit organization and a member agency of the Home Care Association of NH.
About North Country Healthcare (NCH):
Member organizations include Androscoggin Valley Hospital in Berlin, Upper Connecticut Valley Hospital in Colebrook, Weeks Medical Center in Lancaster, and North Country Home Health and Hospice Agency in Littleton. NCH is proud to be the largest employer in the North Country.